Monday 30 January 2012

How can I survive Year 12.....

Well today my 17 year old is officially on the fast track to finishing school, he has a total of 26 weeks to go & between him & my husband I am already a mess!

I am stuck in the middle & I really don't know how to handle them both. Mr 17 seems unmotivated, unenthused, almost as though he just doesn't want to be there. My husband is angry, stressed & looks constantly at his apparent lack of work & has a fit!

Me, well it's not that I don't care but I value my relationship with Mr 17 & really feel that as a parent all we can do is create an environment within which he can work & study & the rest is up to him. It is ultimately his life & if he won't work then there are consequences. I have had the leaving school & get a job discussion but he wants to stay in school.

Am I wrong in my thinking, do I need an attitude adjustment?

How can I manage both my husband & Mr 17? I am very serious, I need help! My husband says he doesn't want to be seen as the ogre but he's acting like one. I am watching him push Mr 17 away & it's upsets me.

We have just had a slamming door fest here, Mr 17 has supposedly done 2 hours of maths revision, husband went to check, reckons its not enough, it's hit the fan with both of them slamming doors & Mr 17 leaving the house to go for a run....

I feel sick, and this is only the beginning.....

Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. This is really a very hard position for you, but you should not give up - head up, courage and you will manage the situation!

    ReplyDelete